In a three-hour introductory course, you will learn about the sport and how to fly and handle a kite. You will also learn about safety issues and common policies.
Who is this for? Everyone who wishes to get a taste of kiting and feel the power of the wind. We can quarantee that just flying the kite is good fun!
Contents of the course:
- Safety in kiting: principles, responsibilities and practices
- How to fly a trainer kite
- Setting up a depowerable kite and how to use the safety mechanisms
- How to control and fly a depowerable kite with short lines
- The self rescue technique - full pack down the kite independentely in all possible situations.
After the introduction, you can take the Basic Course, which gives you the skills to continue flying independently.
Course goal: To build a good foundation on kite control and safety knowledge.
Course fee includes: Kite and harness for the course. The voucher is valid for 12 months from the date of purchase.
Date ja location: Always agreed in person with the trainer.
Group size: 1-2 students per trained instructor.
Languages: English and Finnish
The minimum age requirement is 12 years.
Difficulty: Course participation does not require previous surfing, downhill skiing or snowboarding skills.
Gear: Weather-appropriate outdoor clothing, drinking water, energy bar or other snacks.
Enquiries: Eero Fuks, 040-7034553